Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lent

I have decided to observe Lent this year.  I am fasting from morning TV news programs and from reading the plethera of blogs I like to read several times a day.  During the times that I want to read a blog or listen to the morning news banter I will focus my thoughts on the Lord by praying and reading His word.  40 days of giving up something good for something better!  So far...I am not doing a very good job of filling those times with Him, I'm finding that other things are filling those times. Housework, work, errands, things on the internet that I tell myself are needed to be looked at.  Oh what a wretched woman I am.  Oh yes, I have read the word a bit more and maybe prayed a bit more, but not like I had hoped I would be doing.  However, His mercies are new everyday and tomorrow I will be back in the battle. 

Lamentations 3:19-23 (NASB)  Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and bitterness. Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me.  This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.

No comments: