Friday, March 26, 2010

We interrupt this program.....

Hey, what happened to spring?  I awoke at 3:30am to a rumbling noise outside.  What was it, tornado, earthquake? I got up to look outside the bedroom window and what to my wondering eye should appear but....the SNOW PLOW!  Could not believe it, a couple inches of snow had fallen. 

Earlier in the week I was bemoaning (I like that word, bemoaning) this


dreaded mud...that was more like quicksand.  It grabbed each of my boots and would not let go, causing me to step out of one of them resulting in this....



a sock full of mud and manure.  I had no choice but to stick my foot back in my boot and proceed with what I was doing.  I headed back into the house for dry socks and different boots, then completed the morning chores.  Afterwards I threw the sock away and hosed out my boot. I loathe mud...I know, I have said that before...put it on my tombstone.

So, this morning, it looked like this


beautiful, crisp, white, clean.  But lurking under all that beauty is...mud.  Just waiting to come back out. Hmmm, sounds like my sinful self.  On the outside I may appear (at times) to be a "model" christian, but lurking underneath is still a sinner just waiting/wanting to come back out, (how well I know).  And but for Christ's death on the cross and His gift of Grace that justifies me in Gods sight, I would have no hope. 

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by His grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by His blood to be received by faith."  Romans 3:23-25

Rejoice Easter is here!!!!  God has interrupted this program....my life.  Thanks be to God!!!

Living in His grace,
Jody


No comments: